As an admin, how do I set up a recurring sponsorship for a supporter?
An admin can set up a Supporter / Sponsorship relationship from the Sponsorship record in a few easy steps:
1. Go to the Sponsorship Module and search for the
sponsorship the supporter would like to sponsor.
- To start a New Sponsorship, click the green 'View
Sponsors' icon to the right of the sponsorship listing.
Or, you can click on the title of the sponsorship and click the 'View All
Sponsors' button under the Current Sponsors area.
2. To create the new Supporter
/ Sponsorship relationship, click the green 'New Sponsor' button.
3. If the sponsorship will be paid automatically
via Credit/Debit card, leave the Payment Type as Online.
You can choose Offline for sponsorships that will be paid via
Check/Cash/Manual Card and managed in REACH.
- Choose the Share Type for
- For the Supporter text box, if the supporter is
already in you REACH system, simply start typing their name and choose the
correct supporter once they are listed. If they are a new supporter not
in your system, you can enter their information by clicking the blue 'New
- Click the green Create Button
4. You will then be taken to the Cart page (unless you have chosen to bypass the cart). Confirm the information is correct and then click Checkout to complete the donation process.
5. The start date will default to the current date. An admin can choose
a future start date for the sponsorship if needed. The supporter
will be considered a sponsor even if the first payment is set to a future date.
- Select your payment type.
- Keep checked or uncheck box for covering transaction fees.
- Keep the box checked to make a recurring donation.
- Review other available options.
- Click on the Create button.
you chose the payment type of Online, once you click the green Create button, you MUST choose
to either use the card on file for the supporter or enter/change payment method
to finish the setup. If you leave the page without choosing one of these
options, the sponsorship will not be set up and payments will not be
Once an ongoing sponsorship has been set up for a supporter,
you can see the recurring donation information listed for the supporter on
their Supporters Page under the Donations tab.
Can a supporter only give a portion of a share for a sponsorship?